Date: Saturday, August 24, 2013
Time: Please arrive by 6:15 am!! 1st "wave" will go into the water at 7:30 am sharp!!
||1/2 Mile in calm Oyster Bay Harbor
||15 kilometers (one loop), over hill & dale, through beautiful Oyster Bay, Laurel Hollow, and Cove Neck. Fairly hilly but with a 2.9 mile downhill to the finish!!
||5 kilometers through Mill Neck & Brookville, "up" to Planting Fields Arboretum & back "down" to Roosevelt Park.
Special: All town of Oyster Bay residents receive a discounted rate!!
- Top 10 overall (M & F) + first place overall relay team
- Top 5 (M & F) Masters (40 plus)
- Top 5 M & F in all age group divisions
- Top 3 M & F in all Clydesdale, Athena, First Responders
and Military Divisions
- (Clydesdale, Athena, First Responders and Military will not be scored
in age groups)
- Clydesdales: Male Open and Male Masters (40+) 205-219, 220+;
- Athenas: Female Open and Female Masters (40+) 140-159, 160+
- Top 3 teams in each division of the relay
- No duplication of awards!
Triathlon Age Groups
- 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 plus. (Under 14? Join us for the Junior Triathlon on Sunday!)
- Clydesdales: Male Open and Male Masters (40+) 205-219, 220+; Athenas: Female Open and Female Masters (40+) 140-159, 160+, First Responders and Military
Special note regarding wave assignments
- The first wave will be the elite, seeded wave. There will be a separate wave for all Relay Teams, and a separate wave for Clydesdale/Athena athletes. All other waves will be assigned by Age Group. There are 9 waves in total.
- If you want to be placed in the same wave as a friend, you MUST request this on your entry form.
Directions to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park
- From the Northern State Parkway (exit 35n) or the Long Island Expressway (exit 41n), go North and Bear right onto Route 106.
- Take 106 North (2 lanes) and continue for about 4 miles. After crossing over Route 25a, Route 106 becomes one lane in each direction. Stay on 106 into the Hamlet of Oyster Bay.
- Once in the Hamlet go about 6 blocks and make a left turn onto Audrey Avenue. Race site is about 4 blocks on your right.
On Triathlon Saturday
- Please park in the outer parking lot (Fireman's Field).
- Do not try to park in Roosevelt Park.
- Please arrive no later than 6:15 am!!!
- This is an excellent "first timer's race". It's Long Island's largest Tri and we will "tri" to once again make it the best! Please join us to compete or to volunteer!
Let's have some fun!!